Thursday, March 29, 2012

Julep Maven: 1st box, (review)

I want to quickly share an awesome deal and write a review about Julep Maven. Julep Maven is a monthly subscription service that carries mani/pedi products. Normally the boxes are $19.99 with free shipping both ways, with product estimated over $40.00.  I did find a code (penny) which made my first box just one cent! There is no obligation to buy, and you can cancel any time. You can even skip a month, but you have to make sure it's before the 24 of the month. 
For my intro month I chose "American Beauty". It included 2 nail polish, facial for hands glycolic hand scrub, and a nail file.

The only thing missing is the nail file. I forgot to put it in the picture.
I really like the hand scrub. It made my hands really soft. It also smells really good (citrus).

This is called Penelope. " opaque, almost white creme with a hint of blush."
It's a soft pink color. I used 2 coats. The application was really smooth.

Then I decided to layer it with Portia. "sheer tropical blue with glittery sparkles that will remind you of a day on the beach."
 It's a really soft blue with very small glitter.

I put two other bottles of nail polish with the bottle of julep so you can see the difference in the sizes.
First the bottle of Zoya which is 0.5 fl. oz /15ml
Julep is .27fl. oz / 8ml
Sally Hansen is 0.40fl. oz /11.8 ml
Julep bottles are a lot smaller. But I can't complain Cause I only paid 1 cent.
I think I may still try it for a couple of more months and then cancel the subscription.
If you want more info about Julep Maven then you can go here.

What do you guys think of the Julep program, have you tried it ?

Thanks for visiting. Leave a comment and don't forget to follow.

11 comments:

  1. Oh I just ordered the pink polish too :) looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. @ spilled polish and simply by me. Thank you lady's!

      Delete
  3. That's the box I got too! Penelope didn't go on as easily for me. It took 3 coats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could of added one more coat but I don't think light colors look good on my hands. But I still love to wear them. :)

      Delete
  4. I like that pink a lot! It's really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got my intro American Beauty box earlier this month, but it had Emma and Kelly. I would have loved to get Portia in my box. I love the hand scrub too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH, I know the scrub is a amazing. I use it every day!

      Delete
  6. Thank you. I checked your blog and I love all the neon outfits.

    ReplyDelete