Wednesday, January 18, 2012

How to fix a broken nail with a tea bag!

So I was cleaning my bathroom and I SLAMMED my finger into the shower door, and I broke my nail. :(  So I decided to show you guys how I fix a broken nail.  I didn't want to file it down and start all over again. Since I made it this far without biting my nails. This method has become my bf since I decided to grow out my nails.
You will need a tea bag, nail glue, a file, and a pair of scissors. Please excuse my file it is a little beaten up.

This is my broken nail. I don't know if you can see it.


cut the tea bag at the top.

pour the tea in a napkin and open the tea bag completely. You may need to cut it down the middle so it can open up.

tea bag should look like this when it's opened.

Next, your going to cut a little piece of the bag. It should be a little bigger then what your cut is. For example: the length of mine was as long as my finger nail, and width was to the end of the cut. 

Then your going to glue the piece of bag onto your nail. You can use tweezers to move it in place. The glue I used was the brush on type. But I find it easier to put a couple of drops on your nail and then place the bag over it. Press down with tweezers or even the scissor tip to make sure it is completely dry.
When its dry file or gently buff out until it has a smooth surface. You can then paint your nails as you normally would.

Hopefully I explained right.

1 comment: